My blogging took a backseat this year after moving from Nebraska to Nevada and getting settled in out west. Resettling took more time than I thought, but that is a post for next year 🙂
I look forward to getting back on track and bringing great stuff to you in 2017. Until then, I wanted to share some of the best posts of 2016, as well as some all-time favorites.
Top 5 posts written in 2016…
- Does freezing meat make it more tender?
- Meat: To wash or not wash?
- Robot butchers? Technology coming to your table
- Grain Silo Art
- Clay pot cooking: Cornish Game Hens
Reader all-time favorites…
- Is the beef industry sustainable: A look at grass-fed, hormones, growth promotants, and more
- No added hormones & no antibiotics – meat labeling terms (3)
- Chicken ears – the better to hear you with…
- Why is there a hole in that steer?… Fistulated Fun Fact Friday
- Organic vs. Natural Programs – meat labeling terms (2)
- Processed meats and cancer: Fearmongering or true concern?
And because I just like these…
- Growing up a rich rancher’s kid
- Poop patty… Is there fecal material in your hamburger?
- Caring for livestock in cold temperatures
- Dark cutting beef… Fun Fact Friday
- Butchers, are you talking to yours? 21 conversations you should be having (if you are not already)
I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year!
Dr. Lindsay can also be found on: