Earlier in the week I shared with you how to save money at the meat counter by buying in bulk and freezing in individual portions sizes. I recently defrosted a couple of packages of pork chops and made Sweet and Sour Pork Chops – and there was plenty for leftovers the next day! Recipe at bottom.
Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
– brown sugar
– pork chops
1. Add brown sugar and mustard to a bowl, mix together until well blended. You can make them sweeter or more sour by adjusting the amount of either ingredient.
2. Place pork chops in a single layer in a baking dish and cover with the brown sugar/mustard sauce. Do not add any additional water to the pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F until done (check them at about 25 minutes). Use a meat thermometer to test their doneness. Remember pork chops only need to be cooked to 145 degrees F!
4. Drizzle some sauce (aka delicious goodness) over your chops when served.
5. Serve with your favorite sides – enjoy!