I am a foodie… I love trying new recipes, new flavors, and flavor combinations. As you can imagine I am that person that rarely orders the same thing twice at a restaurant. So when I found this recipe at Tablespoon, I knew I had to try it!
Balsamic Glazed Steak Wraps
I made a few adaptations from the original recipe.
- At my local retailer I found round steak already thinly sliced into 7 pieces.
- I added a yellow squash to my lineup of vegetables. I think you could add or eliminate whatever suited your tastes.
- I chopped the rosemary and added it to the glaze versus just using the springs and then removing them.
- The balsamic glaze was amazing, but I wanted more of it as I was eating the rolls, so I doubled the recipe.
- We paired this with rice and it was a great accompaniment.
- We pan fried these as we weren’t sure how they would hold up on the grill. I think they would be fine as long as you were fairly gentle when you flipped/rolled them over.
Here is a copy of the recipe I used, adaptions and all.
I think it would be fun to make a breakfast version of this with herb potato slices and a fried egg inside the steak roll with a spicy salsa drizzled over the top? What other versions would you make?
Dr. Lindsay can also be found on: